8g dried yeast
50g raw sugar
2 eggs, beaten
300ml milk, lukewarm
80g butter, melted
100g fresh or frozen and defrosted blueberries
8 rashers bacon
80ml maple syrup
Salt flakes, to taste
250g salted butter, room temperature
1 lemon, zest only (optional)
- Transfer the butter and zest to a bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment and beat until pale and light, approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a clean container with a lid and refrigerate if not using immediately.
- Arrange bacon evenly on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Brush liberally with maple syrup then sprinkle with salt flakes.
- Place into the oven on shelf position 3. Select Moisture Plus at 180°C on Fan Plus with 1 burst of steam, releasing the burst of steam in the first 2-3 minutes. Cook for approximately 12-14 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl then add eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix well until combined.
- Place into a steam oven and Steam at 40°C to prove for 30 minutes, or until doubled in volume.
- Preheat the Miele griddle pan on medium-high heat, induction setting 6.
- Pour or ladle approximately ½ cup of the batter onto the griddle pan.
- When bubbles begin to form on the surface, add the blueberries then carefully fold in half.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, flipping once to cook through.
- Serve warm with whipped butter, maple bacon and maple syrup.
Hints and tips
- Whipped butter can be refrigerated, but is best served at room temperature.
- Seasonal fruit can be substituted for the blueberries.
- If you don’t have a steam oven, the batter can prove in a warm area until doubled in size.