4 courgettes, medium even sized
Salt and pepper
4 fillets of white anchovies
1 tsp black olives, finely chopped
2 tsp chopped oregano,
4 cloves black garlic crushed
½ cup olive oil
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
200ml chardonnay vinegar
1. Pre-heat Oven on Fan Plus at 200°C.
2. Slice courgettes on a 45 degree angle, 1 inch thickness, then with a sharp knife,
score the courgettes in a criss-cross pattern.
3. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a griddle plate on high heat, Induction setting 8, place the courgettes into the
dish scored side down. Cook for 2 minutes until lightly caramelised.
5. Place courgettes into the Oven on shelf position 2 for 6 minutes to finish cooking.
1. Mix together the anchovies, olives, chopped herbs and the garlic. Add enough oil
to make a paste.
1. Place the vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil on high heat, Induction setting 9.
2. Remove vinegar from the heat and add the shallots. Place to the side and leave to cool.
1. Spoon anchovy paste on top of the courgettes, scored side up, and top with
a few pickled shallots.
Hints and tips
• Anchovy paste and pickled shallots can be made 2 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator.