200g agria potato, peeled
90g egg whites (approximately
1 tsp caraway seeds
50g grated parmesan
500ml grapeseed oil, for frying
80g soft goat cheese
1 punnet of sweet cherry
40g salmon roe
Potato and caraway tuille
1. Place the potatoes into a perforated steam container and steam at 100°C for 35 minutes.
2. Remove potatoes from Steam Oven and mash to a fine purée.
3. Mix the warm mash potato and egg whites together.
4. Pre-heat Oven on Intensive Bake at 180°C.
5. Line a perforated baking tray with baking paper or a silpat mat. Spread the mixture thinly and evenly onto the baking paper or silpat mat to a thickness of 4mm.
6. Sprinkle with caraway and parmesan and place into the Oven on shelf position 1.
7. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from Oven and break into bite size pieces.
8. Heat the grapeseed oil in a saucepan until it reaches 160°C, Induction setting 6-7.
Add the tuilles, 5 to 6 at a time and fry until golden.
9. Drain and transfer onto a paper towel lined tray.
1. Whisk the goat cheese lightly to soften.
1. Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on the potato tuille, add a few slices of cherry tomatoes and top with salmon roe. Sprinkle with fennel pollen and serve.
Hints and tips
• Potato and caraway tuilles can be made 1 week ahead and stored in an airtight container.