4 duck breasts, skin on
Murray River salt flakes
Cracked black pepper
250g seedless red and white grapes, halved
1 shallot, finely diced
3 tablespoons chives, finely sliced
2 tablespoons verjuice
100ml extra virgin olive oil
50g walnuts, roasted and chopped
½ green chilli, seeds removed and finely diced
Murray River salt flakes and cracked black pepper
1. Score the skin of the duck breasts into a criss-cross pattern, making sure not to cut into the flesh. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place the duck breasts into a vacuum sealing bag. Place bag into the Vacuum Sealing Drawer and vacuum on setting 3 and seal
on setting 3.
3. Place the bag into a perforated steam tray. Steam or Sous-vide at 65°C for 35 minutes.
1. In a bowl, combine grapes, shallots, chives, chilli, verjuice and oil together and at the last minute add the walnuts. Season with
salt and pepper.
1. Position the grease filter in the rear of the Steam Combination Oven.
2. Pre-heat the Oven on Full Grill, Level 3 for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the cooked duck breasts from the bag discarding the juices. Place duck on the grilling and roasting insert in the
4. Place the tray on shelf position 3. Grill for approximately 5-7 minutes until the skin is crisp and brown in colour.
5. Remove the tray from the oven. Allow the duck breasts to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
6. Slice the duck lengthways and serve on top of the salsa. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
HINTS AND TIPS
• Walnuts can be roasted for 5-7 minutes on Fan Plus at 170°C.